Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Time to think and compose

During my recent stay in Key West just the calm evening of a sunset cruise, the only noise you hear is the wind forcing itself around the sails.  It can give one time to think without urban noise why we are here on earth.  Each person has their own connection to any place you may be, it is just the moment you realize life can be simple even if it is just for a couple of hours, like being on a sail boat.  On a sail boat not only can you feel the wind on the ship, but you can feel the energy of the wind moving it along with that same rhythm.  It had me thinking that our life has the same simple rhythm if we just have, or take the time to experience it.  You don't need to be on the ocean to feel the great experience of the wind, and a beautiful sunset.  That sort of thing happens nearly every day.  So in my opinion you can have quiet time if you try, and you can have that in your own back yard.  This might be just the best place on earth for “your moment”.

I am certain that this calm and solitude time I was blessed with during my time off from work on a great holiday in Key West awarded me with much more than time off from work.  This time I am certain has given me the inspiration to write new music.  Most importantly this holiday taught me to appreciate quiet time for one’s self.  Not sure if it is coming from my ability to take it all in due to my being on earth much longer than I thought I would thirty years ago.  Take this from Tony, cease the moment whenever you can, it will deliver great things in your life.


Happy Easter,
Tony Watson

2 comments:

  1. Solitude is one of my great passions in life, Tony. I think very few people understand the benefits solitude contributes to the mind, body and soul! I would like to know more about your reference to being on earth longer than you thought you would 30 years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I was trying to say, was 30 years ago it seemed hard to imagine what I would be doing, or where I would be working, and where would I be in my faith. To be honest nothing has seemed to change but time. I continue to play music, and have done since I was eight years old, and the business I am in is the same business I started in those many years ago. I am blessed and privileged with my walk with Christ, where February 3rd 2013, will be 30 years in my walk with Christ. That being said, he gives me many gifts to share, and I feel obligated to share them with anyone who wants to listen to my songs, or what I might have to say, it is a privilege. I know now that GOD has a plan for me, and I hope to always be obedient in the best of way's. This is where my solitude and great passions come from.

    ReplyDelete